Pages

Friday, January 11, 2013

38?!

Yesterday was my birthday. My wife had baked some very delicious cookies so she wanted to drop off a few to a gal named Vanessa who she has been trying to reach for the Lord Jesus Christ. It totally made Vanessa's day and she was so happy to see us. Annie told her that it was my birthday and so asked me how old I was turning. I made her guess and to my shock she said 38! She laughed so hard and said that she felt funny that she's been calling me "don" which translates as like "sir". It's a good thing I'm not 38 yet, I'm not ready for my mid-life crisis!

3 comments:

  1. Haha, happy birthday. 38 wow... =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes!!! I had a similar moment. I jokingly said something about being 43 with the high school group. One of them said to me, "But you don't look a day over 40!" She took me literally. Ouch!
    -your incredibly young looking sis

    ReplyDelete