Pages

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Chopped, here I come!

About 6 months ago we got a Mexican restaurant in our city, Coyhaique. We don't really go because it isn't cheap, and because we make some bomb mexican food in the house. Yesterday we were feeling lazy so I picked up some food to go, and when the owners found out I was from California and that I like to cook Mexican food they asked if I would teach them and the chefs some recipes. I went in today at 11 and finished around 2. I taught them how to make chile relleno, salsa ranchera, salsa colorado, enchiladas, quesarritos,, some fresh salsas, taqueria style tacos, and some cool Mexican techniques. Overall I had a blast and they couldn't get enough of the food. Afterwards they wanted to pay me, but I told them that nothing would be better payment than if they were to come to a church service. They said they would!

Here's a high quality picture for your enjoyment. They should have given me a hairnet for my beard ;)

11 comments:

  1. What a Fun way to minister! Put your skills to good use!! Hope they visit and become part of Your church fam!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I used to have so much fun cooking with Dan, that boy can cook. It is fun to use creative ways in meeting and reaching people. I too hope they can be reached through this.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. You! Being the boss in a restaurant kitchen!

      Delete
    2. Well, I think we all know that out of the two of us you are definitely the one who deserves to be in charge of a restaurant kitchen. Cooking in a restaurant felt weird, but it was pretty cool to have the cooks constantly asking me what they can do (my very own sous-chefs! although Annie is my favorite sous-chef), oh and sharp knifes!

      Delete
  3. Awesome! So cool how opportunities present themselves :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so cool! What a great opportunity!

    ReplyDelete