Pages

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Armed Forces Appreciation Day

When I was a teenager a couple of Christian police officers really took an interest in my life. As I participated in the youth group they ran they began to reach out to me more and more. Through their efforts and those of many others I came to know Christ as my Saviour. From that point forward I have always had a love for police officers. Once I learned what the Bible teaches about them my respect grew even more.

When I was in Bible college I had a professor that is a chaplain who did Law Enforcement Appreciation Days at numerous churches and shared with us about those days. Ever since that point I decided that I would do something like that when I was in the ministry.

Police officers aren't perfect, and as with any profession there are going to be bad people, but as a general rule in the United States you are blessed to have police that are not corrupt. I have been in places where police officers are corrupt and encourage bribes; it is a terrible feeling! Thankfully, Chile is also a country blessed with an upright police force, and if you try to bribe an officer here then you will be taken to jail.

This Sunday night we are doing a law enforcement appreciation day at our church. Since in Chile the police are a branch of the military we are extending the day to all branches. I just got this letter in the mail from an Army Colonel saying that they will be participating by sending three ranking officers and 15 enlisted soldiers.


We are flying a pastor in to preach who retired from the Chilean Air Force after 27 years of service. Pretty exciting! Pray for our day.

2 comments:

  1. Gloria a Dios!
    Estaré orando que el Espíritu Santo use su Palabra Santa para la edificación de los santos allí!
    Te amo mucho, hermano!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! I agree, police in the US are very good compared to other countries. Makes me mad when people complain about them and talk bad about them, they have no idea what it could be like if they lived in another country!

    ReplyDelete