Pages

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Smoke stacks coming up from every home in town

The weather is starting to get cold here. We've been in the 30's, and so our house and everybody else's have smoke coming out of the chimney. I actually like the smell, unless the neighbors are burning rubber or something. I think if and when we take a furlough to go home I'll miss the smell. Seeing those smoke stacks make me think of this famous missions quote:

"Many a morning have I stood on the porch of my house, and looking northward, have seen the smoke arise from villages that have never heard of Jesus Christ. I have seen, at different times, the smoke of a thousand villages - villages whose people are without Christ, without God, and without hope in the world."
-Robert Moffat

No comments:

Post a Comment