Pages

Saturday, February 2, 2013

A busy week ahead

I was hoping to have the building ready to go before Sunday (tomorrow) so that I could have all week to pass out invitations to our inaugural service. We have gone to about 10,000 homes so far, but our city has a total of about 20,000, so there is still a lot more homes that I would have liked to have gotten to before February 10th. I think that with Andres' help we can get to about 800-1,000 homes a day. In 6 days that gives us a potential 6,000 more homes with invitations. That is a lot of work and a lot of sore muscles! I just want to get the word out as much as we can. We have been asking folks in our church to invite friends, family, and neighbors. I put fliers up in the windows of the building (this may not sound like much, but people here really look at papers in windows!). I have been carrying fliers in my shirt pocket handing them out everywhere. Also, check out this picture for another way I decided to use.

This is a newspaper ad that I took out. In our city people really listen to the radio, watch news on t.v., and read the newspaper. There are two local papers: El Divisadero and El Diario Aysén. They each print 3,000 copies of their paper a day except for Sundays they don't print a paper (very different from the U.S., I know). As a general people don't buy both papers so I decided to take out this ad in both papers. The days when most people buy the paper are on Mondays and Thursdays, so I took out ads in both papers for two Thursdays and one Monday before the inauguration. That is an extra 18,000 copies of invitations that are getting put out there!

I am hoping to see 150 people at our inaugural service. That would mean that it would be crowded standing room only. I know that it is high hopes. I have passed out thousands of fliers for things in the past and not seen one person show up...so I realize that these are high hopes. I truly believe though that it is not a difficult thing for God to bring that many people to the first service. However, even if only 5 people show up I will be so thankful for those 5 and they will get the royal treatment! I am bubbling over with anticipation!

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome. If you don't have a big turn out, nobody can accuse you of not trying that's for sure! You're doing all you can and the rest is in God's hands. Praying for an amazing first service for Iglesia Bautista Central. Love you three!
    Ricki

    ReplyDelete