Pages

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Patience

Flexibility is an important word for a missionary. I will use an experience from today to illustrate this (or I could have used my experience at the bank the other day when I waited in a line for 3+ hours).

Our fire place was purchased used, and the previous owner had broken the glass on the door and replaced it with a functioning metal piece. Today I decided to replace the glass, and here is how it went:

I went to Place A to purchase the glass, but they sent me to Place B and said if that didn't work go to Place C.
I went to Place B and purchased the glass ($60), but they informed me that I also needed two types of rope that they didn't have. Place B told me this rope could be purchased at Place A or Place C.
I went back to Place A, they had the rope for their own use but wouldn't sell me any, but they said I could get it at Place C.
I went to Place C where I was told that they didn't have the ropes, but that I could get them at Place A or Place B. When I said I'd been to A and B they said to try Place D.
I went to Place D and they said I could get the ropes at Places A-C, but when I told them that I couldn't they sent me to Place E.
Place E had one of the ropes and was shocked that Places A-D hadn't had them. I purchased the one rope and by their recommendation made one last stop at Place F which was the factory for Place C. Place F had no door, so I went home. Patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment