Pages

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

It's a cold one tonight. It feels like one of those set-your-alarm and put another log on kind of nights. It's about 20 degrees right now. Last night I went to bed with a good amount of rain coming down and woke up to a winter wonderland! It's quite a sight. I love the way the cherry tree looks like snow resting on its bare limbs, or the icicles coming off of the parking garage. The pine trees look majestic with snow on their needles.

Our missions conference went well with a great turn out of people. We're hoping to start supporting a second missionary soon; I am just being careful to choose the right missionary. In the last two weeks we've had some of our highest attendances. A Sunday morning with 26, a Sunday evening with 30, and this last Sunday night with 26. I've noticed that at times it is like we are two churches. The night when we had 30 there had been twenty some in the morning and almost nobody returned that night so really there were about 50 people in services that day.

Tomorrow we are doing a sort of "interview" to try and find a new teacher for Annie. It sounds like what we're looking for is someone who will be at the house for 4 hours a day. In the beginning the idea is for Annie to study for 4 hours a day and then when the baby is here then she'll probably dedicate some of that time to Spanish and then some of the time to help with some house chores like dishes, laundry, and helping with the kids. It was so nice having family around during Micah's early stages as we learned to adjust, and so I hope it'll be nice to have a little help when this baby is born. We still don't have a name for the baby, but I think we may be leaning toward Lucas Patrick or Patrick Lucas. Either way we'd call him Lucas, but I think Patrick Lucas Sheridan rolls of the tongue a little better.

Right now there is a special with LAN Airlines where you can fly anywhere in Chile for like $100 or less. It is perfect because I am planning to be in Santiago in December for my friend Yerko's graduation from Bible College. It will be great to see friends during that time even though I think I'll just be there for a couple of days (arrive Thursday and leave Saturday). In these early stages of the church plant we are not really able to get away for any great length of time. I think in 2014 though I'll be able to start doing some travelling to preach for others and to attend conferences. God is good.

In other news, I took a crazy spill today. I didn't expect the snow to be slippery since it wasn't ice...well my expectations were wrong. The scariest thing was that I was carrying a sleeping Micah. I've always been afraid ever since he was really little that if I was ever carrying him when I fell that my reaction to flail my arms would send him soaring into the air... The good thing today was that I had like a perfect fall and Micah didn't even know I'd fallen! That was the good news, the bad news is that my rump hurts!

2 comments:

  1. stink that falling thing is scary... I did a slip on the ice when I was pregnant with Caden, and it ended up being fairly graceful... I think:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And Patrick Lucas Sheridan does sound smooth:)

    ReplyDelete