Pages

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

Yesterday was Mother's Day in Chile, or Sunday is? I don't know, I'm confused about it all...but that's not the point. The school where I do chaplaincy work invited me to a special Mother's Day Assembly and asked if Annie and I would sing and if I would give a reflection. I was thrilled to see well over 100 moms there, and also the 250 member student body. I read this Scripture:

2 Timothy 1:5
When I call to remembrance the unfeigned faith that is in thee, which dwelt first in thy grandmother Lois, and thy mother Eunice; and I am persuaded that in thee also.

I spoke of the importance of mothers being a model for their children and specifically models of faith. Then I spoke of how important faith is: it is the entrance into God's family (Acts 16:31) and it is what we live by after we are saved (2 Corinthians 5:7). What a great opportunity to preach the gospel to hundreds of people who may have never heard it presented clearly!

1 comment: