Pages

Monday, December 31, 2012

Lago Pollux

On Saturday I took a little time off and went to do some fishing. I fished a total of about 4 hours. Together we caught 9 fish, I caught 2 nice sized rainbow trout. Here is a picture of the smaller one I caught:

And to let you see what Pollux looks like, I grabbed a picture from somebody else's website:

It was nice to get away and relax a little. I must admit that it was not as "glamorous" as the fishing I am used to. I loved my new kind of fishing though! I filleted up those two trout and cooked them for lunch yesterday! Their meat was pink, as opposed to the white meat one might be used to in farm raised trout in California. Somebody told me that here in Chile they don't farm raise fish for lakes. Everybody loved the trout (I say everybody because we had Eduardo over). I coated the bottom of a casserole dish with olive oil, salted and peppered the fish, and then covered them with lemon slices, zucchini  tomato, a frozen veggie mix, and butter. 20 minutes in the oven and voila!

2 comments:

  1. I should just know by now how beautiful Patagonia is, but everytime I see a new picture of the landscape I am amazed at its beauty.

    ReplyDelete