Pages

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Zeal & Potential

When I was going door to door and just leaving things on doorsteps (as opposed to trying to speak to everyone) I left something at Luis' house. About twenty minutes later I received a phone call from somebody I didn't know thanking me for the CD that I had left them, it was Luis. I got his name and address and asked if I could come by for a visit sometime. I went for that first visit last week and it went well. I thought they would come to church, but they didn't. I got a call from him this week asking if we could meet up. We met up and it went great. Luis has been saved for about a year, but he is not involved in a church. He has asked me if I would do discipleship with him, and of course I obliged! He has been unemployed for three weeks so he has an unusual amount of free time. He says he's become an expert in cleaning his house. He was a military instructor for artillery for nine years (we have a big base here in town), and after getting out of the military he worked for a mine. Because of downsizing they had to let him go. One of the exciting things about Luis is that he has a lot of zeal and he is just like a sponge. He wants more and more of the Scriptures. He came over for discipleship and we studied the Bible for over three hours. This was refreshing, because sometimes when you study the word with someone they space out after 20 or 30 minutes and you feel like you have to work extra hard to keep their attention. Luis was so lost in the study that he forgot he was supposed to pick up his family at 6; he didn't realize until he looked at his watch and it was 6:10. I have high hopes for him and am praying for his growth.

Eduardo (from the independent Baptist church in the next biggest city north of us, Puerto Montt) continues to be faithful. He is a great encouragement to me. He wants to be more involved in ministry and he is just a person who wants to help. He also has a gift for giving. He works in the fish and game industry down here, so I thought he'd be a good person to ask where to get good fish. The next thing I know he shows up with a box of Reineta! Which is not a fish that you can get in the U.S. as far as I know. Because of my attention deficit, I'm going to end this post and continue the next one about fish! On one last note, Eduardo is such a giver and I'm very thankful God put him into our lives here.

No comments:

Post a Comment