Pages

Friday, October 26, 2012

A new prospect

My wife loves to design. Here in our city we do not have much when it comes to national chains, malls, etc. We do have a national chain though called Homecenter/Sodimac. It is basically your home improvement store. Think about my wife running wild in that store...I know, scary. I'm just playing around though because she is a very frugal person. All kidding aside though, the other day we went to the store and since I knew she was going to take a long time trying to decide what she wanted to by I went upstairs into their small cafe. There I wrote our church info on the backs of about twenty-five or fifty tracts while enjoying a juice. At the end I payed my bill and left a nice tip for the girl working. I also gave her a tract and said, "Here's a gift for you". That was that.

About a week went by, and Annie wanted to go back to the candy shop, I mean Homecenter. So we decided to grab a sandwich at their cafe and then do a little shopping. The same girl was working! This time when I went to pay I said, "Did you get a chance to read the book I gave you?" She said she did and that she liked it. Then she asked if we had a church and I told her that we did and that we'd just started with meetings the Sunday before. After conversing for a bit and witnessing to her our conversation was naturally coming to a close. She said, "I hope everything goes well for you guys with the church and that it grows." I said, "I hope so too. Why don't you join us?" She said, "That's why I asked if you had a church"! Praise the Lord! She, Fernanda, will be joining us for "once" with her husband and daughter, right after Sunday night Bible study. To see what "once" means, check out my next post

No comments:

Post a Comment