Pages

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

You might just make a Patagón out of me yet

A Patagón is the Spanish term for somebody from Patagonia. Since my last post about fire building I have mastered the art (well, maybe "mastered" is a bit of an exaggteration, but I've gotten it down). Yesterday I was chatting with my neighbor who is from Achao, a city on the large island called Chiloé. I asked him if he knew how to do cordero asado (which in this region is where you butcher a lamb and prepare it on a pole to where it sort of looks crucified and the you cook it over wood for four hours) and Fernando, my neighbor, looked at me and said, "of course", like, "who doesn't?!" We made a deal that if I buy a lamb he has to cook it for our families and teach me how to repeat the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment