Pages

Monday, October 22, 2012

First Bible study


Yesterday marked the commencement of the ministry of Central Baptist Church of Coyhaique: to my knowledge, the first independent Baptist church in Patagonia (on the Chilean side, I know of one 8 hours east of us in the Argentinean side). I suppose you could say the public ministry of this new church started a couple of weeks ago when our family walked the streets of the city preaching the gospel from door to door.

The meeting went very well. We had one in attendance! Eduardo came, who is from the church in Puerto Montt. The Bible study began with a time in prayer. We passed around the prayer card for the Kuhlman family, church planters in Seattle, WA. Then we took prayer requests and spent a time in prayer. We then sang O Love of God, I Stand Amazed, and I Love You Lord before studying love for about 30 or 45 minutes. It was a great start!

No comments:

Post a Comment