Pages

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Villa Cerro Castillo

About two hours south of Coyhaique there is a small community that needs a church. There are somewhere around 100 homes there and about 450 people. We are going to be visiting there this Saturday. We are taking 200 gospel tracts with us which is enough for 100 people on the streets and one for each home (I think I'll throw an extra 300 in the car just in case). This will be a great opportunity and maybe even be a foundation for a future church plant. I told a pastor friend of mine about the trip and asked him to pray for us. His response was, "I am in Peru picking up 250,000 tracts. I will pray. You should start several churches simultaneously." I had never heard somebody suggest that before, and it caused me to think. It seems like the more you are focused on one goal then the more you will potentially accomplish that goal. My goal is to start many churches in this region of Chile and also to stir up Chilean churches to send foreign missionaries all over the world. I have always seen the best way of doing that as pouring all of my attention into this one city, Coyhaique, which is a strategic hub for Chilean Patagonia and then reaching out from here. I'm not making any changes, but I want to be very careful to not be so glued to my "plan" that I am insensitive to what God wants to do. His ways are always higher than our ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment