Pages

Friday, November 2, 2012

"who hath enabled me"

When you think of the task that has been given to the New Testament church, it can be somewhat daunting. We have been commissioned to take the gospel to every creature in our generation. I realize that this is a collective task, but I believe that things really get done when individuals own that corporate responsibility as their own. As Paul said in God's inspired words, "my gospel". In this commission we cannot trust the generation before us because they're dead now and they had their own generation to reach. Today a new generation has arrived. We cannot trust the generation that is to come because our generation will have passed and they will have a generation of their own to get the gospel to. The task can seem overwhelming. Truthfully, I am just trying to do my part. The task at hand can make you feel...insignificant, incapable, insufficient. I am insignificant, incapable, and insufficient on my own, but I find my sufficiency in Christ, He enables me, and that is significant.

Tonight I received an email from Dori, my sister's mother-in-law, who is a precious member of our extended family. She was referring to our ministry and said, "I believe God created you, prepared you and fully equipped you for this." I felt so blessed by this as it resounded with something that God has been showing me in His word the last couple of weeks.


2 Corinthians 3:6  Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Romans 15:14  And I myself also am persuaded of you, my brethren, that ye also are full of goodness, filled with all knowledge, able also to admonish one another. 

2 Peter 1:3  According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: 

1 Timothy 1:12  And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry; 

I once was listening to some teaching on the family and the guy said, "Your daughter's greatest need is that she learns from her dad that she is beautiful. Your son's greatest need is that he learns from his dad that he has what it takes." I am not really into popular psychology and that kind of stuff, so I don't know what my opinion is of this man's statement, I just try to stick with the Bible. However, when I read the verses I listed above I can't help but think that my Heavenly Father is telling me, his child, that I have what it takes. I have been equipped by Him. He has enabled me!

No comments:

Post a Comment