Pages

Monday, September 24, 2012

Contentment

Something that happened recently caused me to remember a Sunday School lesson that I taught at Grace Baptist Church in Corona. I reflected on the truths from God's word that I had the privilege to teach. I taught on how godliness with contentment is great gain. I taught that having food and clothing let us be therewith content. I shared two quotes that I learned from a mentor of mine: "contentment is realizng that God has given me everything I need for my present happiness" and, "the enemy of contentment is comparison". Lately I was asked a list of ten questions that were supposed to make me think. One was, "If you could be any age what would it be?" I responded, "25". Another question was, "What is your dream job?" I responded: "missionary" I am so happy with the lot I've been given! And I am determined that when things change I'll be content then too! May the Lord keep us from discontentment, comparison, and coveteousness.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, happiness and contentment are definitely a choice. When you stop and count ALL your blessings, it's hard not to be content! God has blessed us way beyond we could ever deserve!

    ReplyDelete