Pages

Monday, September 24, 2012

Today was a nice day. Kind of a long one, but definitely enjoyable. We took a trip to the coast with the Mcbryar family. Some highlights were Mexican food for lunch (sort of a rarity in chile), the pretty coasts of Viña Del Mar and Valparaíso, buying a neat coat for Micah for ten bucks and a beenie for three, having ice cream at the (cold) beach, and eating dunkin doughnuts. To think, I had to come all the way to South America to have dunkin doughnuts for the first time. Today was a relaxing tourist day. Here's a couple of pictures:
Other news-we got our car! Now its just a matter of getting a few things ready to go, packing, and heading to the tip of the world! I downloaded an app on my Chilean cell phone that allows me to text U.S. cell phones at no cost and vice versa. This basically makes me accesible to people in the states 24/7. Email me to get the number if you want to be able to text. Technology is amazing sometimes. I think to myself that Carey, Judson, or other missionary greats of yesteryears would look at us today, shake their heads and call us pansies! But then again, had the tehnology been available in the 17 & 1800's I'm sure they would have taken advantage of it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment