Pages

Friday, September 28, 2012

New heights

The feelings I am feeling are difficult to put into words. I feel like sometimes life has its climaxes and it feels like I’ve arrived to one. But even climax isn’t the right word because it implies that there is a plateau or downhill coming up and I don’t believe that’s the case.

I believe that this moment in life is an accumulation of everything that’s happened since that decision I made 8 years ago when I asked Jesus Christ to be my Saviour and I believed in His death, burial, and resurrection for my salvation. I never imagined the path it would take me down. I was just a broken, hurting, and lost teenager who finally turned to the Lord because of His goodness and love. I can truly say it was the best thing that ever happened to me. I remember writing to a man who had a large part in my conversion to Christ and thanking him for everything. He humbly replied, "God's love was just chasing after you and I was happy to tag along for the ride." He is still chasing after me and I hunger for Him.

As I look back and reflect, it feels like the last 8 years have been a wonderful story being written. Some of the recent additions have been my beautiful bride (definitely the second best thing that ever happened to me) and my precious son.

We are all packed up and ready to head for Patagonia in the morning. What does it feel like? It feels like it’s just the next chapter in this wonderful adventure waiting to be written.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment